Aftercare is one of the most important parts of having a tattoo, it will play a large part in preventing infections, keeping healing times to a minimum and how your new tattoo will look. We've put together a short guide for you to follow to ensure you give your tattoo the best aftercare possible.
- Remember to always make sure your hands are clean before washing your tattoo and applying any creams
- Remove the cling film 2 hours after your appointment. Wash your new tattoo with warm, mild soapy water (we recommend Carex antibacterial soap) then pat your tattoo dry - never rub!
- We recommend using Hustle Butter – we have some available at reception. Apply thin layer to the tattooed area and massage into the skin. Don't use too much, a little goes a long way. Slightly warming the butter in your hands, will help it spread easier
- Re-cover your tattoo for the first 3 nights, be sure to take off the cling film every morning, wash the area and reapply the Hustle Butter
- Be sure to wash and reapply Hustle Butter to your tattoo 3 times a day until healed (this usually takes around 7 days)
- After 7 days we recommend using a non fragranced moisturising cream as your skin may become dry and irritated
- Do not soak your tattoo in the bath or go swimming for the first 2 weeks and be sure to keep it out of the sun until it is completely healed
If you have any further questions, or concerns, contact us, pop into the shop or give us a call on 01443 231 233
Also, don't forget to give us a follow and why not hashtag your photos of your new tattoo with #emeraldtattoocompany for the chance to be featured.